(Poster by James W Norton)
The UK exhibition (featuring 47 creative responses to the theme), curated by Kelcy Davenport, James W Norton, and Farah Mulla, will take place as part of the 11th Cambridge Festival of Ideas from Monday 22nd – Sunday 28th October. The exhibition and accompanying programme of events is open to all, from 10am – 5pm daily, and free entry. Work will be exhibited across three (wheelchair accessible) venues in the CB1 area: Anglia Ruskin University, Gallery 9 and Zion Baptist Church Crypt.
The Iraq exhibition, curated by Nawrast Abd Alwahab, is planned to take place in March 2019 in Basra. This will feature a programme of events, by artists and non-artists inclusively, also exploring the theme The Archive and the Contested Landscape.
Several events from the exhibition programme are designed to take place in both cities.
- If the cloud allows (16th October from 4.45pm UK / 6.45pm Basra) by Sally Stenton, with Nawrast Sabah Abd Alwahab
- Exhibition (22nd – 28th October from 10am – 5pm)
- Symposium (24th October from 2pm – 6pm) in RUS203 (Ruskin Building) at Anglia Ruskin University
- Private View (24th October at 6.30pm) at Gallery 9
- Sound Yoga Performance & Workshop (26th October at 7pm) by Farah Mulla, at Gallery 9
- Film(s) Screening with Directors’ Q&A (28th October from 4pm) in COS117 (Coslett Building) at Anglia Ruskin University
All welcome / Free entry / Just turn up.